Making a descriptor file translatable

Hello,

I'm a GSoC intern working on a feature update for gnome-games.
I'm facing some problems regarding linking descriptor files to gettext.

The descriptor files in question are .libretro key files that contain
information regarding
libretro cores such as their checksums etc. In this description, there
is a key with name
data for that firmware which is later being used to display the name
of that firmware in
the UI. The issue I'm facing is related to linking of gettext and the
.libretro descriptor
and making the names available in the po files such that translators
can easily add
translations of the names for each descriptor.

Hoping that gnome-games is not the only project that did something
similar and I'm looking for some advice and/or help regarding this
issue.

Thank you
Adwait