Re: New release of GIMP planned for February 14

I'd realy like to be exited as everyone else ... unfortunately croatian users will not benefit, because the updated translations are not being released by the croatian coordinator.

I've raised the issue about croatian translations many months ago (around 2019-09-16) and NOTHING has changed – no reviews of my translations, nor any releases (neither GIMP, nor other gnome modules). Talking about coordinators responsibilities: https://wiki.gnome.org/TranslationProject/TeamCoordinatorResponsibilities

Because of the reasons above, I haven’t joined the chronojump gift to translators, even though I would have loved to give credits to Goran Vidović, as he’s done much for croatian translation of gnome modules (even thought there are not all pitch-prefect).

I ask all GNOME project coordinators to (re)evaluate/rethink about the compliance of language team coordinators (for instance, coordinators must review the translation after a certain time), as well as the promotion of translators to committers (for intanance, by the amount of translated strings)! I'd propose:
Accept non-reviewed translation for module release, if language team coordinator doesn’t reject it before maximum review time/release date/string freeze date.

I’d like to reiterate, not being a gnome user has nothing to to with being able to translate gnome modules. Of course I agree, that there may be some gnome specific/standard strings, which should (ideally) be translated systematically – and that’s what reviewers/coordinators are for! But the majority of strings are not gnome specific, e.g. "Open file" and similar strings, so there is no reason, not to release translations.

I do hope you get the drift of what I'm saying …
Cheers, Milo

Alexandre Prokoudine via gnome-i18n < gnome-i18n gnome org> hat am 9. Februar 2020 um 13:10 geschrieben:

Hello,

GIMP 2.10.16 is currently scheduled for February 14.

Alex