Re: PasswordSafe 4.1 maintenance release

On Fri, Dec 11, 2020 at 1:13 PM David Heidelberg via gnome-i18n
<gnome-i18n gnome org> wrote:
Hello translators,

Hi,

we plan to release Password Safe 4.1 from branch release/4.x 20-12-2020
and I'd like to ask to if you could review translations.
String freeze is already in effect, since it's maintenance release with
minor fixes, no new features or UI/UX changes (except we added back one
translatable string - "Color").

So not in string freeze if you added one string, is it? :-)

Password Safe repository: https://gitlab.gnome.org/World/PasswordSafe
Password Safe on DL: https://l10n.gnome.org/module/PasswordSafe/

I just translated the string in French for that branch, then hit the
button to commit from Damned lies with a cherry-pick to the main
branch. I got an error:

Une erreur est survenue pendant l’application de votre action :
L’opération de « commit » a échoué. L’erreur est : « [Errno 1]
Command: "['git', 'push', 'origin', 'release/4.x']", Error: Warning:
Permanently added 'gitlab.gnome.org,172.31.2.39' (ECDSA) to the list
of known hosts. remote: GitLab: You are not allowed to push code to
protected branches on this project.To
git gitlab gnome org:World/PasswordSafe.git ! [remote rejected]
release/4.x -> release/4.x (pre-receive hook declined) error: failed
to push some refs to 'git gitlab gnome org:World/PasswordSafe.git'  »

Why is the release branch protected?

--
Alexandre Franke
GNOME Hacker