Re: String & UI Freeze break request for GNOME Shell

Users can use dconf-editor to rename folders, but that would make for
a terrible user experience. Renaming folders is critical to managing app
folders from GNOME Shell.

Em ter, 3 de set de 2019 às 17:41, Alexandre Franke <afranke gnome org> escreveu:
On Tue, Sep 3, 2019 at 10:28 PM Georges Basile Stavracas Neto
<georges stavracas gmail com> wrote:
> You should read it again, then.

I really shouldn’t. That is my point actually. A freeze request should
clearly explain from the start what the benefits and risks are, so
that we coordinators can make a well-informed decision. The easier you
make it for us, the more likely we are to give you a quick approval.

> The rename popover, that is introduced by
> that merge request, will not be introduced if the merge request isn't merged.
> Without the rename folder popover, users won't be able to rename folders
> from GNOME Shell.

Thank you, that is important information. Would the user have a
fallback mechanism to do it in that case? As it is, the risk of not
merging it doesn’t seem that high to me and we are getting late so I’m
leaning towards not granting you the exception for 3.34, but approving
for a merge right after 3.34 is out so we have time to translate it
for 3.34.1.

--
Alexandre Franke
GNOME Hacker