Question on translating different script of language (ms-Arab)

I came here from GIMP translation page, I want to translate to Malay
in Arabic script (also known as 'Jawi script') but from the look of
current Malay language translation team they only do Malay in Latin
script.

Should I contact the Malay translation team for addition of this new
script variation, or should I create new team for it myself?

Due to the nature of Malay in Arabic script, the wording used will be
slightly different from Malay in Latin script, and it is not expected
to have the same translation in both scripts. Malay in Arabic script
will have more native words for technical terms whereas Latin script
will have more loanwords for technical terms. However, Malay in Arabic
script is still an encompassing language and the same spelling and
grammar are used across regions (mainly Malaysia, Brunei, South
Thailand and some part of Indonesia such as in Riau) just like Malay
in Latin script. This means the translation in Malay (Arabic) is not
specific to Malaysia alone.

Malay in Arabic script uses Arabic characters, with addition of a few
letters namely: ca ( چ) for /t͡ʃ/ sound, nga (ڠ) for /ŋ/ sound, pa (ڤ)
for /p/ sound, ga (ݢ) for /ɡ/ sound, ۏ (va) for /v/ sound and ye (ى)
(ya without the dots) for /ə/ sound (or /a/ in selected Arabic
loanwords into Malay but we're going to use native Malay words so that
doesn't apply at all as /a/ in Malay native words is always an alif
(ا) and never a ye (ى)). More info could be found in
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jawi_alphabet (and on the citations of
that wiki).

Note that I don't have any basics in Arabic language itself, I only
know Malay in Arabic script which is very easy whereas Arabic language
is a completely different and hard to learn language. (Plus, every
Malay learnt Malay in Arabic script in their 6 years of primary school
and 5 years of secondary school, in Malaysia, whereas Arabic language
is opt-in and most Malay avoided Arabic language).

Language name in English: Malay (Arabic)
Native language name: بهاس ملايو (جاوي)
Translation of native language name: Malay language (Jawi)
Romanized form of native language name: Bahasa Melayu (Jawi)
Direct transliteration of native language name: bhas mlayw (jawi)
Transliteration of native language name by abjad: ba-ha-alif-sin
mim-lam-alif-ya-wau (jim-alif-wau-ya)

ISO 15924 & IANA & BCP47 & language code under MacOS: ms-Arab
On the other hand, r12a listed it as: zlm-arab

I'm looking forward to the reply.

---
Written by,
muhdnurhidayat (Muhammad Nur Hidayat)
A proud Malay Muslim feminine-leaning non-binary (enby) who want to
maintain Malay heritage and culture while accepting new culture, an
LGBTQ supporter who want everyone to live together in peace. I believe
God makes no mistake, LGBTQ are born this way and shouldn't be
punished or hated, it's God's plan all along to create diversity for
human to know and respect each other (Quran [49:13]).