Re: New string additions

Yes, the Appdata file has release notes from very old versions... maybe those strings could be removed/moved to another place.

@Richard: any idea about how to deal with this?

Thanks!

El jue., 13 jun. 2019 a las 14:06, scootergrisen via gnome-i18n (<gnome-i18n gnome org>) escribió:
Den 13-06-2019 kl. 11:39 skrev Daniel Mustieles García via gnome-i18n:
> Hi Claude,
>
> Is due to this change that gnome-software[1] has about 600 unstranslated
> new strings?
>
> It's a very big change in just one day... there is no way to reduce it?
>
> Thanks in advance
>
> [1] https://l10n.gnome.org/vertimus/gnome-software/master/po/es/

Seems like strings for a lot of releases going back years:
https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gnome-software/blob/master/data/appdata/org.gnome.Software.appdata.xml.in

Not sure if there is much point translating all those strings and users
might not see them anyway.

If i search for GNOME software in GNOME software it says version
3.30.6-2ubuntu4.19.04.1 but i see none of those strings. Maybe because
the version number does not match any of the strings exactly.

Seems like a wast of time translation strings for a 2014 release.

When can a user ever see it?

I normally prefer to have things fully translated but on SMPlayer
website i can also translate a few new strings on each release but i
find it a bit waste of time because in next release its already outdated.

If we have to translated release changes strings like this for every
software that would not be so much fun and the time could properly be
spendt better on improving the software.