Re: GNOME Music freeze break request

Hi Jean,
We are not yet in string freeze, only in the string change announcement period. So you don't need any approval from i18n.

Claude

Le 08.02.19 à 11:39, Jean Felder a écrit :
Hi,

I would like to ask for a freeze break request to introduce a new empty view when Tracker is not available [1]. This is a long standing issue for newcomers who want to contribute to Music using flatpak without tracker installed (for example, Tracker is not installed by default on Ubuntu). Without this view, these users will see an "music library not avaiable" message, which is quite misleading. Besides, Photos introduced a similar view [2] during this cycle. So, this would provide some consistency between two core applications.

This feature has not been introduced before the freeze because of some lack of avaibility of both maintainers (Marinus Schraal and myself).
Finally, it introduces two new strings.

[1] https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gnome-music/merge_requests/335
[2] https://gitlab.gnome.org/GNOME/gnome-photos/merge_requests/85

Regards,