Re: Translations for Glabels 4.0

Hello all,

Am Do., 1. Nov. 2018 um 10:04 Uhr schrieb Mario Blättermann
<mario blaettermann gmail com>:

Dear translators,

the po files for Glabels are maintained in the Damned Lies pages for more than
ten years. Thanks for all your work on making Glabels better by translating it
into many languages!

But Glabels development has been switched from GTK to Qt, and the version
control system now resides at Github [1]. The upcoming major version 4.0 will
be based on Qt. Along with the Qt port, we are no longer using po files, but
ts files. We have a new project at the Zanata translation management
platform [2]. If you are willing to continue translating Glabels, please
create an account there.

As far as it was possible, we have migrated existing translations from Damned
Lies, the translation status is mostly around 30%. So almost all languages
are still available, with one exception: The Zanata platform doesn't support
ca@valencia, so this po file hasn't been imported. Note, we have split the
translations into two files, the templates are now handled separate from the
GUI.

For the time being, we host only the GUI translations there. Once we have a
user manual again, this will become also available for translation (probably
also the man pages).

[1] https://github.com/jimevins/glabels-qt
[2] https://translate.zanata.org/project/view/Glabels

After detecting some serious problems with Zanata, we have decided to move the
translations of glabels-qt to another platform.

During the last months, it happened twice that the web interface went down and
came up again some days later (see [1]). This is very annoying for both
translators and maintainers. Moreover, Zanata is unable to handle *.ts files
properly. Such files will be converted internally to *.po files, and we get then
translated *.po files back. Well, it is possible to convert them back to *.ts,
but the file hierarchy needs also to be adjusted, which is more work than it's
worth.

So we have moved the translations to Transifex [2]. If someone of you is still
willing to continue on translating Glabels, subscribe to Transifex please. The
*.ts files imported from the old *.po files are available from the Github repo
of Glabels-qt [3]. Due to the conversion all of the strings have been marked as
»unfinished«, and such files only with fuzzy strings are not accepted by
Transifex.

[1] https://www.redhat.com/archives/zanata-users/2019-April/msg00005.html
[2]  https://www.transifex.com/glabels/glabels-ui/dashboard/
[3] https://github.com/jimevins/glabels-qt/tree/master/translations