Re: Heads up: Geary mainline development branch renamed to `mainline`

Je mer, 2019-04-24 je 10:32 +0200, Andre Klapper skribis:
, as exposed in #324), but coherence across modules should be kept.

I agree that it would be good to consider renaming all master branches.

Then mightn't it be better to bring up the topic with GNOME and/or Git
upstream? Because it would be a bit of a mess if every project could
decide for themselves what to call their master/mainline branch. For
infrastructure reasons, it seems to me that it would be best if the
name of that branch were uniform.

I would like that name to be something other than "master", which is a
bit clunky, inaccurate, and prone to cause offence, but I'd rather have
that than a broken infrastructure.

With kindness,
Carmen