Re: GitLab minor-reorganization to Community group

This is done now, please check everything is alright.

Left to be done:
- The translation team, whether they want a group, projects, or something else. To be discussed.
- The DeveloperPortal, since they weren't part of the disscussion afaik so I want to double check with them.
-  Creating "Marketing" and "Outreach" groups/projects under Engagement. The owners have permissions so they can create them, since I don't know exactly what they will be used for.

Cheers

On Mon, 24 Sep 2018 at 18:05, Piotr Drąg via desktop-devel-list <desktop-devel-list gnome org> wrote:
> On Fri, 14 Sep 2018 10:58:30 +0200
> Andre Klapper <ak-47 gmx net> wrote:
>
>> [CC'ing gnome-i18n@]
>>
>> On Mon, 2018-09-10 at 11:46 -0600, Britt Yazel wrote:
>> > There's been an ongoing discussion about reorganizing the "community"
>> > top level group from containing both our community partner repos
>> > (purism, ubuntu, fedora) as well as a myriad of other repositories.
>> > As of right now, the Community top level is somewhat of a catch-all,
>> > and we have proposed a fix to split Community into both 'Community'
>> > and 'Teams' repositories, with the new 'Teams' top level being where
>> > we will organize all of our Foundation teams, i.e. Engagement,
>> > Design, Translation, Events, etc.
>> [...]
>> > https://gitlab.gnome.org/Infrastructure/GitLab/issues/294#note_280162
>>
>> Re Translation:
>>
>> It's unclear to me where in Gitlab people are supposed to file bug
>> reports against a translation in a specific language, which would allow
>> translators of a language to get aware of bugs in their translations.
>>
>> There is a "8. Translation" label at
>> https://gitlab.gnome.org/groups/GNOME/-/labels which allows subscribing
>> but does not allow differentiating per language. It should probably be
>> renamed to "8. Internationalization" and only be about code which does
>> not allow proper translation; the label description could link to
>> https://wiki.gnome.org/TranslationProject/DevGuidelines .

+1

>> Currently there is an "L10N" product in GNOME Bugzilla with
>> subcomponents for each language. Each subcomponent can be watched
>> separately by folks interested in that subcomponent (=language).
>>
>> Maybe some Gitlab setup / ideas already exists that I'm not aware of?
>
> Can we use https://gitlab.gnome.org/Community/Translation and set up
> translation teams as issue labels there?
>
> Alternatively, we could make Community/Translation a group and set up
> languages as individual projects within that team. That could give teams
> a better control over where and how to submit issues against their language.

I like the second idea. I opened
https://gitlab.gnome.org/Infrastructure/GitLab/issues/341 to
kick-start the process.

Best regards,