Re: Gitlab access for translators

On Sat, Mar 10, 2018 at 12:40 PM, Mario Blättermann <mario blaettermann gmail com> wrote:
Hi all,

Hi,

recently GNOMe has switched to Gitlab. Don't know the reasons, but
don't matter at all... Now I have a problem. I have write access in
the original GNOME Git for ages, and I can still checkout a module
using my user name and SSH key. But when I like to write changes back,
I get an error message that I have to use Gitlab from now on. The wiki
page [1] doesn't give me any instructions how to do so and lists the
old commands only.

People who used to have access to git still have access to git repos on gitlab. You may have to login once through the web interface, and wait for the next puppet run (once every hour), to activate something. Then you should be good. The warning may also indicate that you need to use a different URL for cloning, but push access won’t be removed with the migration.

--
Alexandre Franke
GNOME Hacker & Foundation Director