Re: String Freeze break for Tweaks

On Sun, Sep 10, 2017 at 3:44 PM, Piotr Drąg <piotrdrag gmail com> wrote:
The deadline is in two days, so I’m afraid I can’t give you a +1.

The only known use of this string is for Ubuntu 17.10 and 17.10 won't
release until after Tweaks 3.26.1 is released in 3 weeks.

I mean there is a second option for Ubuntu and that's to just patch
the new string in there and use Launchpad for translations. Generally,
only Ubuntu 'main' packages uses Launchpad but universe packages like
gnome-tweak-tool can opt in. I'd rather see those translations go into
GNOME directly though…

Or the setting could temporarily go in Ubuntu's Dock settings panel in
their gnome-control-center. (The Dock panel like many of Ubuntu's
tweaks is present in the "Ubuntu" session but not the available
"GNOME" session.)

Tweaks is sometimes used to work around late changes elsewhere so I
think maybe a bit more flexibility is appropriate?

Thanks,
Jeremy Bicha