Re: Contributing to Unicode annotations

On Tue, Oct 31, 2017 at 7:01 AM, Alexandre Franke <afranke gnome org> wrote:
Hey,

Does anyone around here know whether it’s possible to contribute to
Unicode annotations? We found them at
http://www.unicode.org/repos/cldr/trunk/common/annotations/ with no
instructions.

CLDR doesn't seem to make it super easy to contribute.  Given SugarLabs focus, I work with a lot of smaller language communities and I've been developing some hacked together POT files (with embedded en-WP links) to allow for Pootle hosting as an interim step to trying to develop new CLDR locales.  I'm also looking at the corresponding Debian iso-code project files to make it a "two-fer" L10n effort (not thrilled with Translation Project tool-chain either).

e.g.

https://translate.sugarlabs.org/projects/CLDR_regions/

https://translate.sugarlabs.org/projects/CLDR_languages/

If you've got a particular language in mind, I could maybe take  a whack at setting up a hacky POT for the emoji annotation.  Landing it in CLDR is another matter.

cjl