Re: Date Format with month names in genitive case - your opinions?

It is also possible for us to change all the translations where nominative is
required to %OB, although it required more effort from the translators.
Personally, it would not be a problem for us to change those strings in Gnome
when the time comes.

У чет, 18. 05 2017. у 23:45 +0200, Rafal Luzynski пише:
It seems to me that my idea of introducing %OB which will generate
the nominative case and switch the existing %B into the genitive case
is acceptable in most of the languages which need this except Serbian,
Czech, and maybe Slovak which would prefer %B to generate nominative
(as it is normally used in dates in those languages) while they still
sometimes need also a genitive case which can be generated by %OB.
This is possible if you provide locale data in glibc correctly and then
use them in translated format strings in a way matching the locale data.