Re: Commit and enable Finnish GIMP docs

Unfortunately enabling a language via configure.ac doesn't affect those limitations that Damned Lies faces when it comes to adding new docs/help translations. When I try to make a commit on DL, I receive this error:

“Sorry, adding new translations for documentation is not yet supported.”

I guess the only way to commit a totally new help po file is to use git. Therefore I sent the message to this list instead of filing a bug.

Jiri Grönroos

I've added fi language to configure.ac. Please try to commit now your translations from DL... I think it should now let yo do it

Lately a group of people from the University of Oulu focused on translating GIMP docs. These translations count as the first versions of Finnish GIMP docs and therefore face the limitations of DL concerning commiting of docs.

These translations, po files, have a status of "To commit" on DL: https://l10n.gnome.org/languages/fi/gnome-gimp/doc/

As I lack the access to git, could somebody with git access commit those files? Thank you in advance.

When those files are in git, I'll file a bug in order to enable Finnish ISO-639-1 locale code "fi" as per https://github.com/GNOME/gimp-help-2/blob/master/configure.ac#L57

Jiri Grönroos