Re: Gnome-shell string additions notification

Yes, we will push our patches today.

I will definitely change "Logout" to "Log out" and I will also
take a look into contexts.

Thank you!
Rares

> Hi!
>
> We'd like to signal the addition of multiple strings as part of the system
> actions feature (the bug is here [0]).
>
> The commit containing the strings is located here (visible in the first part
> of the commit) [1].
>
> String additions:
> 1. "Power off" matched by "power off;shutdown"
> 2. "Lock screen" matched by "lock screen"
> 3. "Logout" matched by "logout;sign off"
> 4. "Suspend" matched by "suspend;sleep"
> 5. "Switch user" matched by "switch user"
> 6. "Lock orientation" matched by "lock orientation"
>
> All of them have translation comments attached to them.

Thanks for letting us know! The comments are a nice touch that will be
very useful. I presume you’re committing it today, before the string
freeze starts?

Two notes, though. The strings could use contexts
(https://wiki.gnome.org/TranslationProject/DevGuidelines/Translation%20contexts)
so translators can make them different than the same strings in menus,
and “Logout” should be “Log out”, as that’s how you spell the verb.

Best regards,

--
Piotr Drąg
https://piotrdrag.fedorapeople.org