Regarding Translation of GIMP in Marathi Language...

Dear Sir,

North Maharashtra University, Jalgaon, Maharashtra is a NAAC accredited university with 'A' Grade.

In School of Computer Sciences of the university, we have formed a team of MSc Computer Science students and wish to contribute in the GNOME translation project (Marathi language) for GIMP software.

We have already read about translation information from website
https://developer.gimp.org/README.i18n. Furthermore, we have understood the procedural part to add translations for various catalogs (.po and .pot).

We also have checked team database for Marathi language and status of the work done for the same. The progress is merely 2% and the existing members are also tagged as inactive members.

We can work on this project and complete the task soon.

We want to know whether and how these newly created .po and .pot files would be incorporated into the GIMP distribution?

We look forward to hear from  you.

Thanks.
Prof. Manish R. Joshi
Dr. Snehalata B. Shirude