Re: Date Format with month names in genitive case - your opinions?

20.04.2017 23:01 David Sapienza <david sapienza protonmail com> wrote:

 I didn't consider the fact that there are very few applications where the
standalone month name is used (e.g. calendars). Considering that, the problem
of "breaking" some applications, that was my main concern about your proposal,
could be solved without too many effort.

This is what I was going to tell. To be honest, I should make
a huge survey before telling that there are only few applications
which display month names standalone and most of the applications
which display dates display at least the day number and the month
name together. I think that you as the translators have a bigger
experience as you have translated many or all such applications.
How many times did you translate "%d %B" or "%d %B %Y" vs.
"%B" or "%B %Y"?

Also the potential "breaking" is not greater than the current
situation when all date formats are "broken". And, another good
news, the difference will be visible in "only" about 20 languages
(compared to about 200 languages currently supported by Linux).