[gimp] Release of GIMP 2.8.22 planned for end of April

Hi Translation Teams,

we are planning to do a release of the stable 2.8 branch of GIMP at the
end of April.

The GIMP 2.8 series only gets  bug fixes, no new features, its
strings are pretty much considered frozen all the time. Active
translations will only find a very small number of changed or added
strings between minor releases.

Pointers
--------

GIMP 2.8 releases are done from the gimp-2-8 branch of the gimp git module:
https://git.gnome.org/browse/gimp/tree/?h=gimp-2-8

L10N Module statistics
https://l10n.gnome.org/module/gimp/#gimp-2-8

Distribution
------------

GIMP 2.8 releases enjoy a large number of users. As GIMP is a
cross-platform application, the releases are made available to users on
the Microsoft Windows and Apple OS X / macOS platforms via packages we
distribute directly from https://www.gimp.org, so any translation
updates done for a release will reach a big audience pretty fast.

With Linux distros, it depends on how their release schedules are and
/or how they handle package updates. Debian Testing, for example, has
packages for 2.8.18, which we had released in 2016. Debian Unstable has
2.8.20, which we released in February 2017.

--
Regards,
Michael