Re: GNOME Software Ratings

On Sun, Mar 13, 2016 at 1:30 PM, Rafael Fontenelle
<rffontenelle gmail com> wrote:

Hi all,

In
https://git.gnome.org/browse/gnome-software/commit/?id=b1c078d37f4f11cd6443ed283e09e9af6fa4c98d
(for master, *3-22* only) I've added quite a few strings for the
software age ratings scheme I'm working on. I'd really love some
feedback on these, especially if they are ambiguous in certain
languages, hard to translate or need context. This isn't urgent at
all, I know a lot of you will be busy with the 3.20.0 release work.
I'm happy to answer questions on list or off list. Thanks!

Richard.

Looks like "or" is unnecessary in the strings below:

No, they are just poorly punctuated, it needs commas for the dependent
clause and they are not especially well written,  I suggest adding
another or later in the sentence.

#: ../src/gs-utils.c:623
msgid "Depictions of or dialog including slapstick humor"

msgid "Depictions of, or dialog including, slapstick humor"

#: ../src/gs-utils.c:626
msgid "Depictions of or dialog including vulgar humor; bathroom humor"

 msgid "Depictions of, or dialog including, vulgar humor or bathroom humor"

#: ../src/gs-utils.c:629
msgid "Depictions of or dialog including mature humor; sexual humor"

msgid "Depictions of, or dialog including, mature humor or sexual humor"

Cheers,
Rafael Fontenelle