Re: ... vs ...

An update in the interpretation of the
[Guidelines](http://wiki.ubuntu.org.cn/TranslatorsGuideline).

In sec _Usage of Puncts_ (标点的使用), sec 7, we have:

The `...' in English text should be left unchanged. It's hard to tell
menu items from regular program text, and since only the latter can use
those Unicode ellipses, we decide to always use `...'.

Here it only defines rules for the ASCII triple-dot ellipses! However,
in GNOME, with regards to the HIG, everyone use the Unicode `…'.
Therefore, the correct and HIG-compliant ellipses should still be used.

By the way this also invalidates the claim that this is used as a
workaround for rendering issues.

<I need a meme image with cat saying JAJAJAJAJA here>

--
Regards,

Arthur2e5