Re: Team report at GUADEC

How about a online string search in GNOME localization? I often have to
update my local collection of GNOME Git repository of of translate-able
modules in order to run my personal grep-based script to look for what term
my team is using for a give term, and in what context. Such online string
search feature, filtering by a team and/or branch, could be used eliminate
problem of diverging translations for languages. If possible, generate a
Translation Memory as well.

I'm not a developer, just sharing with the community one idea that came to
my mind.

Transvision is a fantastic project from Mozilla that does exactly what
you describe. It would be very useful for GNOME translators if ported
to gettext and our infrastructure. It would require an interested
developer first, of course, so it's just a thought at this point.

https://transvision.mozfr.org/

https://github.com/mozfr/transvision

Best regards,

--