Re: [chrome-gnome-shell] Using pt_PT code for Portuguese (Portugal) instead of pt

Le 03. 08. 16 à 22:40, Yuri Konotopov a écrit :
03.08.2016 15:45, Rafael Fontenelle:
I've never heard of pt_PT being a problem. Btw, glibc supported list
includes "pt_PT"...

In Damned Lies Portuguese Translation Team uses "pt" code, not "pt_PT":
https://l10n.gnome.org/teams/pt_PT/
https://l10n.gnome.org/teams/pt/

That's why I think that D-L statistics and workflow (for
chrome-gnome-shell) of Portuguese Translation Team will be broken if I
rename "pt.po" to "pt_PT.po".

Yes, in GNOME (and in most other translation projects, we always
privilege the two-letter code when possible. With the fallback mecanism
of much i18n infrastructures, when a longer language code is not found,
it should use the shorter one (pt_PT -> pt). Hopefully this works also
for Chrome.

Claude
--
www.2xlibre.net