Re: gnome-taquin: Build Failure

Hi Daniel,

On Mon, Sep 14, 2015 at 12:46 AM, Daniel Mustieles García
<daniel mustieles gmail com> wrote:
AFAIK, /help/$lang folders just contain .po files, but no .page translated
files. HELP_LINGUAS should have no value, but the fr/*.page files should be
removed from there, to avoid confusion and other problems.

Thank you for your feedback. Yes. I'm sure it would be better to
remove $lang/*.page and put $lang.po insated,
if po can be provided. But there are not a lot of time to 3.18. I'll
leave it to the maintainer
what to do.

POT file for documentation can be downloaded from [1], and just renaming it
to .po and uploading the translation should work (remember to add the fr
language to the HELP_LINGUAS variable).

That's not true. Putting empty po will make untranslated pages. I've confirmed
that. That means to delete the translation.

Best regards,

Best regards.

[1]
https://l10n.gnome.org/POT/gnome-taquin.master/docs/gnome-taquin-help.master.pot

Hi Piotr Drąg and French translators
(CC'd Arnaud Bonatti)

gnome-taquin fails to build the help because of invalid HELP_LINGUAS.
The following is the error message:
```
make[1]: Entering directory '/opt/gnome/checkout/gnome-taquin/help'
  GEN      fr/fr.po
Error: cannot open XML file C/15-Puzzle.page
Makefile:485: recipe for target 'fr/fr.po' failed
make[1]: *** [fr/fr.po] Error 1
```

The help pages are translated into French and HELP_LINGUAS has fr.
However, gnome-taquin does not have help/fr/fr.po but static
help/fr/*.page.

I think we should revert c3e5007 [1] to remove fr from HELP_LINGUAS.
If fr.po can be provided before the tarball due, that would be better.

[1]:
https://git.gnome.org/browse/gnome-taquin/commit/?id=c3e5007da2b696e9b26679c6ecf1dd7e40796765

--
Jiro Matsuzawa