Re: ... vs ...

On Mon, Nov 16, 2015 at 1:57 AM, YunQiang Su <wzssyqa gmail com> wrote:
On Sat, Nov 14, 2015 at 11:33 PM, Matthias Clasen
<matthias clasen gmail com> wrote:
I saw a number of commits go by for: Use ... instead of … for zh_CN

For our translation guide, for zh_CN, we should use `...' instead of `…',
as `…' is quite ugly when work with Chinese characters.

How it looks ('ugly') is entirely determined by the font though. It
sounds like you are trying to work around a font problem with a
system-wide string change. I don't think that is the best strategy.
What will you do when the font you use starts to recognize three dots
as a ligature for ...  - insert ZWNJ ? I think this should be solved
at the font level, by ensuring that a suitable ellipsis glyph is used
with Chinese.