Re: 3.16 freeze break request for gnome-control-center

2/2 from i18n

Cheers!

On 31 March 2015 at 16:27, Frederic Peters <fpeters gnome org> wrote:
> Back to the bug report, I would agree with Bastien, "Why is
> gnome-control-center even visible in Software?"; can't you just
> blacklist it?

We certainly could; but then we have nowhere to show the updates
changelog when the "application" is updated. Blacklisting the desktop
ID would also mean you couldn't install it from other desktops and you
wouldn't be able to re-arrange the application into folders like you
can other applications. There might be other implications too; the
AppStream metadata is being used by different people for different
things.

Perhaps blacklisting in 3.16 and pushing the AppData file into master
might be the best approach, I'm open for ideas.

Richard