Re: 24-hour or 12-our clock and %p

On Sun, Mar 1, 2015 at 9:56 PM, Alexandre Franke
<alexandre franke gmail com> wrote:
Hi,

On Sat, Feb 28, 2015 at 8:05 PM, Ask Hjorth Larsen <asklarsen gmail com> wrote:
 1) Force the user to use 24-hour clock by simply translating it to "%H:%M", or
 2) use the imprecise "%l:%M", or
 3) retain the alien "%l:%M %p"?

In any case it shouldn't be 1. If someone requests time in 12hrs
format and sees "14:37", they will think it's a bug and they'd be
right. I'd still go with 3 as it's the one fitting the original
version the most and %p could in some cases even be translated
(replacing "am" with something like "in the morning).

What Alexandre said.

Keep in mind that we have a user setting for this[1]. It's not exposed
in the UI but the code honors it, so you should provide the "alien"
translation.

[1] gsettings get org.gnome.desktop.interface clock-format

Rui