Re: Question about System Administration Guide

Many thanks for all your answers.

Since it's going to be translatable in next release cycle, we'll wait until then.

Best regards

Hi,

On 23/09/2014, Gabor Kelemen <kelemeng ubuntu com> wrote:
> Hi Daniel
>
> (CC'ing the docs team, as this is their area, please chime in)
>
> I was told during the summer on IRC that it's not good enough yet for
> translation.
> I didn't see much movement on their git tree lately, hope this will
> change soon-ish.

We made a lot of improvements to it in June, including reducing the
number of translatable strings and making the instructions more
consistent between pages. Unfortunately, we haven't had much time to
work on it since then. I think it would be good to start translating
it in the 3.16 release cycle, soon after the last stable 3.14 release.

There have been many changes to gnome-help (the desktop help) this
cycle and there will some more still. I am planning to make a 3.14.2
stable release to allow plenty of time to get as many translations up
to 100% as possible. This means that the sysadmin guide should be
available to translate in about two months from now. I hope that
having a relatively stable version of it closer to the beginning of
the cycle will help with the translation workflow.