Re: String freeze break request for evolution-data-server (3.12)

On Tue, Sep 9, 2014 at 1:23 PM, David Woodhouse <dwmw2 infradead org> wrote:
I'd like to backport some fixes from Evolution master to 3.12 which fix
GSSAPI HTTP authentication and error reporting¹.

Previously, if we were unable to translate an error number into a string
we would end up with an untranslated message of the form 'Unknown error
code' or 'Unknown code %d' from libcom_err.

Now the code is fixed, we end up handling the lookup failure in EDS, and
report it slightly more coherently as
         _("(Unknown GSSAPI mechanism code: %x)")

So we have a new untranslated string... in place of a string which was
previously not only untranslated but untranslatable. In a case that
should hopefully never happen now that we're actually looking up the
error codes the right way, and where the message text wasn't giving the
user much information anyway (only the number might *possibly* be
helpful.

On the whole, I'm not going to lose sleep over it being untranslated :)

1/2 from i18n.

Do I understand correctly that the user can see this string now,
always untranslated? If so, then 2/2 from i18n.

--
Piotr Drąg
http://raven.fedorapeople.org/