Re: GTK+ what is a popover?

On 23 February 2014 13:57, Fòram na Gàidhlig <fios foramnagaidhlig net> wrote:
Hi all,

I am stuck trying to translate the word popover, because I have no idea what
it means. I'm leaving it in English for now.

It means to display over/above the UI below it, like a menu does. The
actual control is somewhere between a menu and a dialog (see, e.g.
https://blogs.gnome.org/mclasen/2014/01/22/and-now-popovers/ for a
description of what the control is).

Web search only gives me definitions à la "light, hollow roll made from an
egg batter similar to that of Yorkshire pudding, typically baked in muffin
tins or dedicated popover pans, which have straight-walled sides rather than
angled." *lol*

Has anybody had any inspiration for this so far, and what do the things look
like?