Re: GNOME 3.9.91 release

On Thu, Sep 5, 2013 at 6:48 PM, Matthias Clasen
<matthias clasen gmail com> wrote:
On Thu, Sep 5, 2013 at 11:10 AM, Michael Catanzaro <mcatanzaro gnome org> wrote:
Regarding (translatable) appdata.xml files for GNOME Software -- do we
need to actually apply for a freeze exception to add these, or is
notifying the lists sufficient?

These are string additions, and on top of that, for strings that don't
show up in the application UI. So yes, a notification to
gnome-i18n gnome org should be sufficient.

I'm not sure this is correct. My understanding of the current String
freeze policy is that:
 * marking a previously existing but not yet marked string for
translation is ok and doesn't require permission (but announcing it on
the i18n list is appreciated);
 * adding strings, such as the ones for AppData, however requires an
exception and so you should get approval from the i18n team.
See https://wiki.gnome.org/TranslationProject/HandlingStringFreezes

It would be great if someone from i18n could clarify this.

--
Alexandre Franke