Re: String additions to 'gnome-backgrounds.master'

On Sun, 2013-10-06 at 18:01 +0200, Andre Klapper wrote:
On Sun, 2013-10-06 at 17:49 +0200, Bastien Nocera wrote:
On 5 Oct 2013, at 22:00, Piotr Drąg <piotrdrag gmail com> wrote:

2013/10/5 GNOME Status Pages <noreply gnome org>:
This is an automatic notification from status generation scripts on:
http://l10n.gnome.org.

There have been following string additions to module 'gnome-backgrounds.master':

+ "Bokeh Tails"
   + "Dark Ivy"
   + "Flower Bed"
   + "Lock Screen"
   + "Signpost of the Shadows"
   + "Stones"
   + "Whispy Tails"

Is there a reason why this landed without i18n approval? Are you going
to branch before these commits?

The strings aren't user visible and the commits already had acks from the release team.

If they aren't user visible, why are they marked for translation?

Because they used to be visible prior to the Background redesign in 3.6.

We still have the same problem in GSettings schemas where, in the past,
we translated strings that weren't actually user visible. It would be
good if we could mark strings as "it would be nice if it were
translated, but not a problem if not".