Re: HELP_ID doesn't point to a real file, probably a macro

Am 08.03.2013 17:58, schrieb Petr Kovar:
Hey list,

DL currently seems to error out with "HELP_ID doesn't point to a real
file, probably a macro" when updating a POT for:

https://l10n.gnome.org/module/gnome-getting-started-docs/

Looks like it might be related to the directory structure being different
from the HELP_ID. We share the HELP_ID with gnome-help from gnome-user-docs
so that we can install the getting-started files in the same installation
directory (normally /usr/share/help/C/gnome-help/).

Would it help to move the files in the getting-started git repo from the
getting-started subdirectory to the gnome-help subdirectory?

Could be... Well, it's a good idea to provide the getting-starting-docs as part of the user manual, but this way it is difficult to handle. It causes problems with creating the pot files as seen here. Moreover, when I check out the module and try to run "yelp ." as usual from the folder containing the *.page files, Yelp doesn't show anything because the file index.page is missing.

Actually, gnome-getting-started-docs should be integrated into the gnome-user-docs Git module. This should avoid the trouble.

Cheers,
Mario