Re: Archiving epiphany-extensions

2013/5/31 Gabor Kelemen <kelemeng gnome hu>:
epiphany-extensions are now in the archive in git, so I have just
removed it from d-l altogether[0]. Thanks for the notification!

What about the "obsolete" set, are we still using it?

https://l10n.gnome.org/languages/C/obsolete/ui/

Yeah, about that.

We don't really have a policy as to how long can a module be there -
it's sort of a hospice home for unmaintained projects. In case some of
them would see renewed interest, it's easier to move it than
deleting-readding, that's the rationale.

However, we still lack on detecting if a module is archived and
therefore droppable.

So I created this little script: http://paste.ubuntu.com/5742769/
which gives a few tips regarding archived modules (and a bunch of false
positives because of f.d.o. modules):

https://git.gnome.org/browse/archive/conglomerate/
https://git.gnome.org/browse/archive/libslab/
https://git.gnome.org/browse/archive/system-tools-backends-clone/
https://git.gnome.org/browse/archive/gnome-volume-manager/

I have just removed these.

It also indicates that the following modules are archived too, but I'm
reluctant to delete them as they are part of older GNOME release sets:
gnome-games, gnome-system-tools, gnome-themes, gnome-utils, pessulus.

What shall we do about these?

Regards
Gabor Kelemen