New maintainer for gtranslator

Hello,

    I've spoken with Ignacio Casal Quinteiro and we've agreed that I will take over maintainership of gtranslator. This summer, a student is working on a GSoC project to write an alternative to gtranslator, but while it's in the early stages, I'm hoping to breathe new life into gtranslator and make it a truly useful translation tool.

    I have a few plans for the future of gtranslator. I've started a redesign page at https://wiki.gnome.org/Design/Apps/Translator and hope to get some help from the designers on a new interface, which I think is badly needed.

    As part of the interface redesign, I'm hoping to rewrite how user interaction happens and, in doing so, get rid of some long-standing bugs. Hopefully, some attention to this area will address the biggest problems with gtranslator usability.

    On a more minor point, I'd like to ask users their opinion of the X-Generator header and the code that modifies the comments at the top of po files. Do you find these useful? If so, why? Do they interfere with your workflow at all? Opinions on these issues would be appreciated.

    I would like to hear from you about my above proposals and also about any other major issues you would like to see addressed.

Seán de Búrca