[Fwd: Re: Evolution translation commit reverted]

Just for the record, since you forgot to CC the list.

-------- Forwarded Message --------
From: Daniel Mustieles García <daniel mustieles gmail com>
To: Matthew Barnes <mbarnes redhat com>
Subject: Re: Evolution translation commit reverted
Date: Wed, 21 Aug 2013 16:19:04 +0200

The X-Generator header is just for recording the name of the translation
tool used to edit the PO file, so it's not relevant.

I think I've found where the error is:

+msgid "Select the <_:guiseq-1/> menu to open the dialog box."
+msgstr "Wählen Sie im Menü <_:gui-1/>, um das entsprechende Fenster zu
öffnen."

Note that the tag in the msgstr should be "<_:guiseq-1/>" instead of
"<_:gui-1/>".

I've ran the following command before and after modifying it, and with
this tag fixed, I'm not getting the error:

itstool --strict -m de/de.mo -o de C/*.xml

Committing the translation with this tag fixed should not break the
compiling process. Would you mind to try it?

Thanks again!

2013/8/21 Matthew Barnes <mbarnes redhat com>
        On Wed, 2013-08-21 at 13:21 +0200, Daniel Mustieles García
        wrote:

        > Matthew: could you please try to compile it again, changing
        the
        > language code in the PO file? I'm trying to compile it but I'm
        having
        > some problems with dependencies...

        The original commit had:

          -"Language: \n"
          +"Language: de_DE\n"

        I tried both no value and "de" for Language: and it's still
        failing the
        same way (assuming I just need to run "make" to pick up the
        change?).

        Also, don't know if it's relevant but I noticed the
        "X-Generator" tool
        changed since the previous de.po commit:

        I'm happy to try anything else you can think of.

        Matthew Barnes