Re: Repetitive strings in many modules

On Sun, Sep 16, 2012 at 3:10 PM, Ask Hjorth Larsen <asklarsen gmail com> wrote:

> Also, not too many releases ago something similar happened where
> several messages appeared in many modules.  Like "Unrecognized desktop
> file version" (I still remember that one).  It's a bit strange, that's
> why I ask.
>
> Regards Ask

I can't say for sure, but it is always possible that such a flurry of
common UI strings simultaneously appearing in different projects could
perhaps come about because of coordinated efforts via the Gnome Goals

https://live.gnome.org/GnomeGoals/

For example this one:

https://live.gnome.org/GnomeGoals/RemoveMarkupInMessages

will hopefully result in a large number of PO files being modified to
remove the markup (xmltags) that often appear in strings.

However, that is purely speculation on my part about the appearance of
"About" strings in this case.

cjl