Re: BoF item 12/14: improvements to gtranslator

On Tue, Sep 11, 2012 at 4:10 AM, Daniel Mustieles García
<daniel mustieles gmail com> wrote:

> Working together, I'm sure we will be able to grow up GT and translation
> teams. I don't know how difficult is the issue about locales in glib, but if
> I cand help with it, please let me know.

I have tried a few different off-line PO editing tools I will spend
some time with Gtranslator to see if I can propose some cogent feature
enhancements to capture what I think are the best features of those I
am more familiar with.

I'll also take a good look at it's size footprint on disk.  Virtaal is
a 15 MB install on the Gnome-boot side of an XO laptop, finding
something with a lighter footprint might be helpful in achieving one
of my dreams/goals for Sugar, which is the ability to "bootstrap"
localization from Sugar without an internet connection.  Size is a
major issue on the many XO-1 laptops out there that have only 1GB
total space for everything.

Sadly, what I can't do is code those features myself, I am much more
of a string and community wrangler than a coder.  Nor can I offer
advice on where to find developers for those tasks.  That is a real
challenge, there are always more good ideas than there are people to
code them.

cjl