Re: Request for comments: damned-lies feature to display release dates of extra packages

On Mon, Oct 29, 2012 at 06:35:33PM +0100, Gabor Kelemen wrote:
> I'd like to hear if developers - those who
> are occasionally mailing us reminders and especially those who do
> not - like the idea. Let's stay with this and only this topic :).

I like the idea, as far as the maintainers are aware that the specified
date is just an indication for the translation teams, not a final
decision.  For example we might be busy the specified date, and prefer
doing the release a bit later, or a bug should be fixed, etc.

The reason why some maintainers of extra modules don't announce upcoming
releases or new branches is maybe because the information is hard to
find on the wiki. I know that it's a wiki, I can improve it, etc, but I
don't recall where the relevant information is written. By looking at
[1] and [2], I didn't see where this information could be.

So a new link at [1] with a summary of what maintainers of extra modules
should do (the different mails to send to the i18n list) would be
perfect :)

Cheers,
Sébastien

[1] https://live.gnome.org/MaintainersCorner