Re: Update modulesets in DL

El dc 17 de 10 de 2012 a les 11:00 +0200, en/na Daniel Mustieles García
va escriure:
> Hi all,
>
> Since GNOME 3.6 has already been released, I think it's time to remove
> the GNOME 3.2 moduleset from the main page of DL and add the GNOME 3.8
> (development) moduleset. Is it right?

Hi, I don't think so... maybe for teams like the Spanish that is already
at 100% on both UI and docs it makes sense to start tracking again
master branches, but for a lot of other languages it does still make
sense to keep 3.6 as the top priority.

Distributions will only start packaging GNOME 3.6 now, so it's already
important to keep translating and improving 3.6 as much as possible, so
that Ubuntu (just released today), Fedora (next month) and all other
distributions that will ship in the next weeks/months have better
language coverage overall.

On November 12th there is a final 3.6.2 which will eventually find it's
way through distributions and packagers, so for me, it still make sense
to keep 3.6 at top and only add 3.8 after that or so.

If you look at it, any translation made to gnome-shell master (already
forked for 3.6) will be seen only see public viewing starting at March,
that's nearly 6 months from now.... doesn't make much sense to start
hurrying up now for that, let's polish GNOME 3.6 and or do as much extra
apps as possible, they do deserve some attention too.

> I don't know if I should open a bug to report it or if this mail is
> enough.

Mails maybe is enough, remind about it in a month or so!

> Anyway, many thanks for your attention.

Thanks for keeping an eye for this things!

Cheers,