Re: IRC Meeting 2012-10-06 21:00h UTC+2

On 7 October 2012 01:51, Gil Forcada <gforcada gnome org> wrote:

> - switching D-L to only show words
> -- strong arguments on both sides, more discussion, mockups or subteams
> working on proposals would help changing things (if there's a need for
> it at all)

My nightly 2cts,

For the untranslated work, I would use both word and string counts.
The combination of these two values gives more info than either one
alone. Many strings and a small amount of words is different from a
few strings with many words.

For fuzzy strings, I would use strings, obviously. The amount of words
to be worked in a fuzzy string is by definition unknown.

For the accomplished work, I would use either words or strings or
both. It's not very important. If it is used for coverage evaluation,
maybe a formula including both parameters might make sense. For
example to give a stronger importance to short strings (labels, menus
entries) - just as an example.