Re: Special request for priority

Am 23.03.2012 09:46, schrieb Chris Leonard:
> On Fri, Mar 23, 2012 at 3:17 AM, Rudolfs Mazurs
> <rudolfs mazurs gmail com> wrote:
>> C , 2012-03-22 18:00 -0400, Chris Leonard rakstīja:
>>> I would like to ask the various teams to consider prioritizing
>>> WebKitGTK+ for translation
>>>
>>> http://l10n.gnome.org/module/webkit/
>> Why isn't webkitgtk+ in at least gnome-extras category?
>>
> Good question.

Good answer: Webkitgtk+ is not available from the GNOME Git repo. Those
modules are easy to maintain for translators, but supplying translations
for Webkitgtk+ is some more difficult. First, you have to translate it,
then you have to file a bug against Webkitgtk+, and one day (or some
days later) you get the answer from the maintainers that your po file
has been committed. In the meantime, your translation became outdated
again. Not that attractive for translators, and not that practical. Due
to these delays in the workflow, and due to that we don't have direct
commit access anyway, it would be odd to recognize Webkitgtk+ as a
"normal" module which could be assigned to a "normal" release set.

Best Regards,
Mario