Re: keywords in gnome-control-center

On 03/03/2012 05:12 PM, Mattias Põldaru wrote:
> Unity and gnome-shell use these keywords to match applications. So if
> you type the application name or any of these keywords, that app shows
> up. If it is relevant, you can even add more keywords and aliases, if
> you language has many alternative translations for some of these words.
> But as Funda noted, you need to keep the semicolons.

Will Unity/GS also search for English keywords in addition to localized
ones? Some users of localized software may still expect English keywords
to work, so we need to know if we should append our translations or
substitute the original message.

Such behavior may be invalid in case of another Latin script based
language where original English keywords may introduce some unexpected
search results, but at least in case of Cyrillic based languages I see
the need to save English keywords available.

/Ihar