Re: No response on Damned lies

El dj 07 de 06 de 2012 a les 22:27 +0200, en/na Kolbjørn Stuestøl va
escriure:
> Den 07.06.2012 21:29, skreiv Gil Forcada:
> > El dj 07 de 06 de 2012 a les 19:15 +0200, en/na Kolbjørn Stuestøl va
> > escriure:
> >> I updated the Norwegian (nn) translations a day ago. But the files do
> >> not shows up in http://l10n.gnome.org/module/gimp/#gimp-2-8. Am I doing
> >> something wrong or is there a delay in this site?
> >>
> >> Cloned and pushed from/to ssh://USERNAME git gnome org/git/gimp (with
> >> *my* username of course).
> >> The http://git.gnome.org/browse/gimp/ responded immediately.
> >>
> >> Kolbjoern Stuestoel
> > Hi Kolbjoern,
> >
> > The problem is that you pushed your changes only to the master branch,
> > and did not push your changes to the gimp-2-8 branch.
> >
> > To do so:
> > # cd gimp
> > # git pull -r # get the updates
> > # git checkout -t origin/gimp-2-8
> > # (add your files)
> > # git commit # commit the files
> > # git push
> >
> > But then remember that you will have to change back to the master branch
> > if you want to translate the master branch:
> > # git checkout master (to go back to master)
> > # git checkout gimp-2-8 (if you want to work on the gimp-2-8 branch)
> >
> > See more tips and how-tos about translators and git in GNOME's wiki:
> > https://live.gnome.org/TranslationProject/GitHowTo
> Thank you a lot.
> I was not aware of that. I'll give it a try.
> Is it necessary to push to both or to the 2.8 only?
>
> Kolbjoern

As per the GIMP developers, I would say that only pushing to 2.8 is
enough now, there will not be any release from master in a while (half a
year, a year?) and they already told us that they will be telling us
about it whenever the time to translate master comes :)

Gil Forcada

[ca] guifi.net - una xarxa lliure que no para de créixer
bloc: http://gil.badall.net
planet: http://planet.guifi.net