Re: No Subject

On Sat, Jul 28, 2012 at 5:13 AM, Chingis Jumaliev <chingis091 gmail com> wrote:
> Yes, I mean the month names. They were written in Russian by Timur,
> but we have our own Kyrgyz month names. And I want to fix this
> mistake.

Chingis,

Are these the months names you are currently seeing?

январь
февраль
март
апрель
май
июнь
июль
август
сентябрь
октябрь
ноябрь
декабрь

If so then they are probably coming from the glibc locale.  Submitting
corrections to glibc locales can be technically challenging as they
must be submitted with conversions into Unicode code points.  Claude
Paroz has developed a tool to make this easier, but glibc locale files
still remain a little difficult to work with.

I would be happy to work with you to submit a patch to the ky_KG glibc
locale (we collaborate on this off-list by direct e-mail).

I've had some experience in working on glibc locales and if you will
please complete the PO file called "glibc-helper.po" in the following
project on tyhe Sugar Labs Pootle server:

http://translate.sugarlabs.org/ky/Sandbox/

It will be a start on developing a patch for the existing glibc locale
and when we have the patch compiled, I will work with you to submit it
to the proper place and process to have it considered for inclusion.

The glibc maintainers generally require some solid evidence before
making changes in existing locales, so if you could cite a government
web-site or online newspaper that uses the months names you are
proposing that will be an important piece of supporting information to
include with the patch we will work on developing.

Regards,

cjl
Sugar Labs Translation Team Coordinator