Facility to lock strings for further editing

Hi

I have filed a bug, I feel that it will be good to improve our translation experience and native users' usability:

There is a great need to provide facility in .po file to lock the strings for further editing. It is always very difficult for a coordinator or commmitter of any project to track change of all the translation again. So there should always be a facility so that a coordinator or a community can lock the strings so that file can be translated/editable only for new or fuzzy strings.
The benefit of this facility is great. Assume, if one community thinks that present translation of 'gedit' is fine for their locale, the community can lock all the strings or some strings where they are having consensus that these are fine. In this process the usability will be increased much and review will become very easier.

regards,
Rajesh Ranjan
Kramashah