Re: BoF item 7/14: dead modules

Hi all,

I don't think it would be good idea to base module death only on past
commits. Take galeon — it is rather actively translated, but Wikipedia
states it has been discontinued 3 years ago [1]. Even if we only
consider non-translation commits, there might be only bug fixes, that no
one wants to release.

The idea behind removing dead modules form D-L is to save translators
time, so it should be done quickly (ideally one day after final
release). Since galeon is replaced by epiphany, new releases are not
needed. So we should ask maintainer, if [s]he believes, if the software
is to see next release, when there are suspicions of dying software.

On the other hand, there might be other software, that is useful and
being used, but not actively developed, which should see translation
update releases, even if there is no maintainer.

[1] http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galeon

C , 2012-08-02 22:05 +0200, Gil Forcada rakstīja: