Re: Using Bugzilla for freeze break requests?

On Fri, Sep 23, 2011 at 12:51:04PM +0100, Bastien Nocera wrote:
> Here's the workflow with a keyword:
> 1. Developer adds a patch to an important bug, and realises that the
> patch needs to make it to stable during a freeze (possibly through a
> banner, auto-updated via ical)
> 2. Developer adds "freeze-break" keyword
> 3. Bug shows up on release-team, docs-team, etc.'s RSS feeds, or
> hand-made search requests
> 4. First person from affected teams goes to check it out. If the patch
> isn't relevant, drop keyword, disappears from 3., if not, adds mention
> 1/2!
> 5. 2/2!
> 6. r-t member removes keyword
>
> Use human brains to make sense of it. The only thing the developer needs
> to know is the keyword to add. The release team knows the rest.

I think that will add too much burden on the people who have to approve?

I don't track RSS at all. Release-team gets a lot of freeze breaks and I
want to be notified immediately, not after a delay. I need to see the
comments that other teams make immediately as well as they're generally
quite useful. RSS doesn't do that.

IMO for convenience for r-t, Bugzilla annoyance and developers, flags is
best of all the options.

If we limit flags ability to just being able to set a "?" or nothing at
all, I think it would be pretty similar to keywords right?

I'll see if I can setup a flag thingy limited to you/limited set of
people just to try it out.
--
Regards,
Olav