Re: Using Bugzilla for freeze break requests?

On Fri, Sep 23, 2011 at 09:57:15AM +0100, Ross Burton wrote:
> On 23 September 2011 08:40, Olav Vitters <olav vitters nl> wrote:
> > The Bugzilla way of doing this is to use flags. A flag is either defined
> > for attachments _or_ (not and) bugs. This is possible on our currently
> > bugzilla; we just do not use them.
>
> For what it's worth this is exactly what we do in MeeGo for
> distribution freezes and we find it works very well.

Do you have multiple freezes? Do you use one flag or multiple? How do
you handle multiple teams and e.g. one flag?

My idea would be:
* 1 flag, freeze_break
* 3 teams having access to grant/deny (i18n+docs+r/t)
  with a limited amount of people we'd just rely on awareness instead of
  technical solutions. E.g. i18n team should not mark a break as
  'approved' if we're in hard code freeze
* only people marked as developers being able to request (simply to avoid
  confusing random users with a flag option)

Could also have 3 flags:
-> UI -> i18n+docs
-> feature -> i18n+docs+r-t
-> string -> i18n+docs
-> code -> r-t

then you'd just request the flags that are needed depending on the time.
Big drawback that I think it would be confusing.

Oh, and Bugzilla should just CC the flag CC list on the bug.

Lastly, if you don't have access to Bugzilla, then sending an email
reply should be enough as well (e.g. "approved from docs, r-t please
change flag").

--
Regards,
Olav