Re: String additions to Nautilus

On Mon, 2011-09-05 at 16:31 +0200, Andre Klapper wrote:
> On Mon, 2011-09-05 at 10:15 -0400, Shaun McCance wrote:
> > I got release-team approval for the new help menu items in
> > Nautilus, so I've pushed some new strings. These are titles
> > and tooltips of menu items.
> >
> > "_All Topics"
> > "Search for files"
>
> Assuming that basically all other modules still use the default "Help >
> Contents" naming: Shouldn't we discuss and try to fix this on a broader
> base (GNOME-wide) first?

My GNOME-wide plan:

http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gtk-devel-list/2011-April/msg00141.html
http://mail.gnome.org/archives/gtk-devel-list/2011-July/msg00035.html

GTK+/GLib API that will automatically manage the help buttons and
menus and populate them with entries from the help. Translators
won't have to do anything besides translate the help.

Anyway, I don't think we need to wait for a desktop-wide push to
make a few menus better. Same as when we started with Mallard: we
started with a single module and expanded.

--
Shaun